If you have driven past New Tech High School recently, you may have noticed construction and portable classrooms set up for students. There is a great reason why.
In early October, Manor ISD launched its next major construction project, which will bring several new features and additions to MNTHS. The $13.5 million dollar renovations includes renovations of 30,205 square feet, including new construction of about 29,503 square feet. It includes:
- Two-story classroom additions
- 20 new classrooms for 400 students
- Renovate/expand cafeteria kitchen
- Provide secured entry vestibule
- Renovate existing nurse's office
- New science labs
- Renovate existing gym building
- New locker rooms
- Connect with enclosed corridors
- District Facilities Building renovation
- Upgrade Fire Alarm Systems in all buildings
- Install new fiber optic and structured cabling to all buildings, providing interconnections between all buildings in a redundant fiber loop.
- Upgrade security and video surveillance systems campus-wide
- New Audio/Video system in Gymnasium
- Upgrade Audio/Video system in Cafeteria
- New video project system at school main entry for digital signage
- New classroom Audio/Video systems in chemistry classrooms, gymnasium building classrooms, Fabrication lab classrooms and renovated classrooms in new building
- Remodel chemistry lab in Building A
- Renovate biology lab in Building B
- Add fume hood in lab at Building B
- Two new science labs at FAB lab
- Renovate fine arts classroom in gym building
- New art classroom with storage at classroom addition
- Full kitchen remodel
- Add walk-in freezer
- Add walk-in cooler
Construction partners include LAN , PBK Architects, and Balfour Beatty Construction. Fencing and temporary walls/barricades have been set up to separate workers and equipment from staff and students. The project is expected to be completed August 2018.
Manor ISD has already opened up our new, innovative Lagos Elementary and Manor New Tech Middle Schools this past August, and will be opening up our new Manor Senior High School next year as well. The renovations at MNTHS are another reason Manor ISD is a District of Innovation and a Destination District!